Meewasin is a Cree word meaning “Beautiful”. It was created in 1979 as conservation agency dedicated to conserving the cultural and natural resources of the South Saskatchewan River Valley. Within Saskatoon we are blessed with green spaces and natural areas flanking the South Saskatchewan River. Your goal within the time provided is to capture the natural and constructed wonders of this “Beautiful” space. Below is a list of photographic tasks to complete and then later post on your webpage. It would be beneficial to write a few notes down explaining the reasoning and support for your photo and how it satisfies the task/question as this will need to be included as you post them.
Take a photo:
- which clearly demonstrates the power of the sun.
- of which you would title “It’s a Beautiful Day!”.
- demonstrating the use of the all mighty Triangle within a structure.
- that demonstrates the mathematical term of “Multiples”
- that demonstrates the term “Symmetrical” - Symmetrical is defined as being made up of exactly similar parts facing each other or around an axis.
- in black and white mode that demonstrates high levels of contrast. Contrast is defined as contrast is determined by the difference in the color and brightness of the object and other objects within the same field of view.
- which is a replica of the photo above but is in colour.
- that would support the title “Frozen in Time”.
- which demonstrates motion.